Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year

I hope everyone had an excellent beginning to the new year. I can't believe it is 2006. Time flies by way too fast.

The weather has been rather crazy hasn't it? Of course, the non-snow made the driving over the holidays quite pleasant.

Another holiday season has come and gone and I hope everyone had a relaxing time with family and friends. I had a great time with my family and friends where everyone tried to convince me to eat a steak. It appears that I have inherited my mother's Anemia problems. Well, maybe I didn't inherit them, it could be the fact that I don't eat meat. Who knows. Whatever the reason, I am iron deficient. I've been having these crazy dizzy spells for over two weeks now. At the beginning it was really freaky, now I just seem to take it as second nature (ballet and windsurfing could pose problems). Unfortunately, when the clinic took the blood for the iron test they nicked the vein (or the muscle, or the tendon, or the nerve, who knows) and now I have limited use of my left arm. How fun is that? If I straighten my arm out too fast it feels like I have broken my wrist. Let me tell you how fun it was when I lost my balance skating over the holidays. I thought I was going to faint from the pain (and I didn't fall).

Anyway, enough about my ailments. I am about to go away! Woo hoo. Ten days in the Caribbean on a catamaran. I'm so excited. Luckily, my cousin is going to be staying at my place and looking after my kitties.

No comments: