Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Two Steps Back

I may have spent too much on the Disney trip. Just after that came camp registration and that costs over $2000 for the summer (at least at this age). Then I had something go wrong with the car (well many things) and so far that has cost me about $2000.

So, I had to put off a couple of debt payments. I'm hoping I'll be able to make them up at the end of the year / beginning of next year.

We aren't going on an expensive trip next year. We are going to Mexico but the hotel is free so I just have to pay for the flight (and I have points for about $600 of that).

I'm upset with myself about the debt repayments. I thought I had budgeted correctly. I'm still on track to pay off the mortgage within 9 years (less than the original 25 year mortgage expectation). I should be happy about that.

No comments: