Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, July 11, 2020

New House

I've been in my condo for 16 years now. I now have a son and a dog. Every so often I look at what houses are for sale and this time there was a freehold townhouse available in the same school area.

I saw it on a whim and the next day made an offer. Luckily they accepted. Then came the fun of putting my place up for sale. I bought it for $160K in 2004. It sold for $465K. There were 45 showings but only one offer. But, it was the right offer.

It's very exciting and stressful. No more condo fees. I'm now responsible for everything. Lots more room, but not enough room for the furniture I own. I have to sell some things. My mom's wall unit being one of them. There just isn't room in the new place. They hold my things so perfectly right now.

Can't wait.

No comments: