Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sports and TV

The television season has begun and already I am hooked to new crappy television. Some of the old standbys are back and a couple of us have a message board where we can discuss Amazing Race and Lost, etc. I was extremely hopeful that I would like the new show 'Bones'. Angel (David Boreanaz) is in the show and boy did I love him as a vampire. He's alright as a federal agent, but the female lead just annoys me, so this show is now off of my list.

Lost begins tonight and Rachael and I can't wait to put our feet up and find out about that stupid hatch. It freaks me out. Amazing Race starts next week and I believe Julia and I are getting together for an AR party at her new apartment in Toronto. For those of you that know me well, you are probably aware of my obsession with The WB network (they are the home of Buffy). Well, I appear to be weaning myself off of them. They still have Gilmore Girls, but I'm not all that excited about some of their other shows. I guess this means that maybe I can get rid of the WB and get my tv costs back under control. I'll have to see about that.

I am also extremely happy that my sports / activity seasons are about to start again. Hockey starts this Sunday. My first game is at 11:15pm. Work is not going to be fun in the morning. I have found a really good deal on a car rental so that I can get to my games. The motorcycle is all good for most things, but hockey equipment is just too difficult to cart around on the bike (especially once the snow starts). I am also signed up for hockey school this fall. I'm really looking forward to this (it is mostly guys, but at least one of the women that I went to Austria with is in the class). I'm hopeful that this will get more comfortable on the ice and I will be able to fight for the puck this season.

I am also signed up again for Belly Dancing. Next to ballet this is definitely my favourite type of dance. Unfortunately, it is just too difficult and expensive to take ballet here. I highly recommend taking this if you get a chance. Christi and I are also signed up for aquafit. It's funny, I have a pool all summer that I don't use. Come the fall I'm paying money to get into a pool. Yes, you all know that I'm weird.

No comments: