Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, September 26, 2005

Storm Begins Another Season

My hockey team (Storm) has started another season. Our first game was at 11:15pm last night. I am so tired today. We didn't have the best start to the season. Only 6 skaters showed up. Throughout the summer we always had two lines of forwards and at least one sub on defence. Not so last night. I had forgotten what it was like to almost play the entire game. I had a couple of shots on net, though, which is unusual for me. We tied 1-1, which we were pretty happy with considering they had a full bench and had obviously played together as a team before. Not that we hadn't played together before. We had one new player last night, but the rest of us had played together before. We have last winter's goalie back this season (her broken thumb is all healed up) and it sounds like a number of the women from last winter and this summer will be back. It should be a good season.

On Saturday I headed to Brampton to watch my old baseball team play in their tournament. I hadn't made it out all season and I didn't recognize them - they all had matching purple shirts. They looked good, but they lost the game I watched - they had fun though. I hung out for lunch and I'm hoping to play again next year. I had forgotten how much fun it was to hang out with them. Not sure how they did during the rest of the tournmanet because I had to leave early. Rob (or one of you other guys), leave a comment on the page as to how the team did the rest of the day.

Update: they won the following two games and were champs of the B division. Way to go guys, wish I had of stayed around for the rest of the day.

Before I moved to the suburbs I used to go see movies all the time. Now I hardly ever go. That was until this weekend when I saw two movies in two days. On Friday, Lisa and I went to see 'an unfinished life'. Oh, Robert Redford is just damn sexy no matter how old he is. On Saturday night, Julia, Karen, Kevin and I went to see 'Just Like Heaven'. It wasn't near as cheesy as I thought it would be (well, there was one scene that was way too cheesy). I quite enjoyed it. Of course, I love Mark Ruffalo so I knew I would enjoy it. I definitely recommend it if you are in the mood for some fluff.

Next week Lisa and I are going to see Serenity. This is the sci-fi film brought to us by the creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I never watched the TV show (Firefly) that was the basis for the movie. If I like the movie I'm planning on getting the show on DVD. I normally love Joss Whedon's shows, so I suspect I will enjoy the movie.

But, the movie I really want to see this fall is 'Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit'. If you have never seen a Wallace & Gromit animated short, I highly recommend that you do. The creators are also responsible for Chicken Run (which I loved for all the Steve McQueen references).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Memo Pad
Memo Pad: Blogged Out ... Many Hands ... Moss Hits The Airwaves BLOGGED OUT : It's hard to make fun of bloggers when they're so quick to make fun of themselves.
try advertising company.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,
Red huh?
Thought I'd say hello...
Oktoberfest is soon, are you going?
I'm off to Vegas in a couple of weeks.
Hallowe'en is coming soon...
Hope you have a great hockey season.
Cheers,
Michael