Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Too Much Planning

So, I think I planned the baby thing a little too much. Last year I went for all my tests and everything was fine. I then waited to actually start the DI process until I figured out when would be good for me. I was worried about money and making sure the timing worked. Well, I may have waited too long. I went in this week after picking the donor and my blood work came back indicating a problem. I'm hoping it is an anomaly and that next month everything will be fine. The clinic wants me to go back to see my doctor since it's been a year since my last tests. Of course, this meant that I went to worse case scenario. I'm rather worried that this now means I won't be able to have kids. I'm hoping I get much better news later this week.

Now, part of the problem is that the clinic is not very good at providing information (this seems to be the consensus in my support group). But, it is probably mostly because I waited too long. Fingers crossed that everything will be okay.

No comments: