Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Battle of the Blades live

Last week I went to a taping of battle of the blades with my cousin Michelle, her husband Andrew and my friend Julia. It was so cool to be back at Maple Leaf Gardens (surprised by how many seats are still there). The show was actually live for the east coast. I think the judges were watching different routines than we were. Domi hardly skated, it was so boring; Lemieux was rarely in time with his partner. But Stephane was awesome and Craig and Jamie are far and away the best couple. We actually stuck around after to get their autographs.

It was such a fun night, except for when I got hit in the face. Yes, I went to a figure skating competition and ended up with a fat lip. Someone was flinging their hands around and smacked me in the face. It took about 4 days for my lip to heal.

Tickets are really cheap and they have a rush line as well. Go if you get the chance. It was so much fun!!

No comments: