Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Difficult Reads

One of the blogs that I consistently read every day is 'The List Universe'. Today I read their list of the most difficult reads and was intrigued to find out who has read any of these.

http://listverse.com/2010/06/07/top-10-difficult-literary-works

I have read only one of these: 'The Sound and The Fury'. I believe I read this in university after Lisa had read / recommended it. I don't remember hating it and actually believe I liked it (but I really can't remember the story).

I know my Dad has finished War and Peace and I'm sure my friend Lisa has read a number of these (and would probably like to add Hearts of Darkness to the list - or maybe just add that to a books I hate list).

After reading the list, I have absolutely no desire to pick up any of the other books on this list. I used to think I would try 'Atlas Shrugged', but I think I'm past that and have way too many other books on my shelves to put myself through that kind of misery (at least it sounds like misery).

No comments: