Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, March 18, 2006

St. Paddy's Day

Well, another St. Patricks Day has come and gone. Another year to recover from drinking green beer. I may have my picture in one of the Toronto papers today. Some guy was taking pictures for the Sun (I believe, it was loud at the bar) while I was dancing. He wrote down my name and then another woman asked me some questions about why I chose to celebrate at Failte.

Julia and I met up with Tim, Jen and Jerome at around 12:30 at the bar and it was already packed. It was difficult getting a table! Julia and I left around 10:00pm. I am at work today (yes, Saturday) and boy do I feel rough. No more green beer!

The band (Kitchen Party) was excellent as always and the dancers were amazing. Failte has Irish dancers come in throughout the day, which is so cool.

Tonight I'm heading downtown to go skating with Lisa at the ACC. Some media promotion, I'm so excited.

On March 4th, my friend Annie got married. Congratulations! A good time was had by all. The reception was beautiful and the food was amazing. Annie's husband is Greek, so we actually got to do some Greek dancing, so much fun.

No comments: