Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, May 07, 2007

The Best Sci Fi in 25 Years

Check out the following website from EW:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20036782_20037403_20037541,00.html

Out of the 25 listed, there are only 6 where I have not seen the movie or at least one episode of the TV show. I have to agree with the writers that it is too bad that Star Wars or Empire were not eligible for the list (I can't believe they are both over 25 years old).

A number of my brother's favourites are on here, as well as mine. I knew it had to be a good list when the first thing I saw was a picture from 'V'. How we loved that series in our house! As well as getting to watch 'Dr. Who' with my dad after the news on TVO. Definitely some of my fondest memories (and scariest: 'exterminate' is still one of the scariest things I've ever heard).

I was very happy to see Serenity on here (since Buffy doesn't count as Sci-Fi).

For some reason I still do not have any urge to watch Heroes. From what I have heard this is a show right up my alley that I should love. I don't know why I don't want to watch it. Maybe because I am so disappointed in Lost this season. Maybe I am just TVed out? I seem to still have lots of room for 'reality' tv. But, not so keen on the serial television. I still haven't watched the last half season of Lost, Veronica Mars, 24 or Gilmore Girls (and boy are they taking up space on my PVR). It took me forever to finally watch Prison Break and I just found out that I haven't seen the last episode. I seem to be way more interested in watching reruns of Dawsons Creek (which I watched when it was originally on tv).

I'm definitely putting some of those shows that I have missed onto my library list. I do want to check out the new Battlestar Gallactica. I hear it's pretty good.

2 comments:

gollumullog said...

Watched em all and would have to agree with 99% of their selections, although some of their rankings I don't necessarily agree with.

Heroes and Firefly definitely need to move up in the ranks. I even agreed with their 2 star trek choices (those being the only 2 star trek I even remotely like).

Battlestar Galactica was surprisingly good, although fell off in season 3 in my opinion. Even Megan loved watching it.

Heroes was one of my all time favourite shows, but I thought they dropped the ball in the last half of the season finale. Tried to do too much in one episode.

Lost is still probably one of my all time favourite shows, once they ditched the whiney kid and his dad. This season was almost as good as the first, almost....

gollumullog said...

I hate blogger.

I just wrote 2 pages of comments....

When I logged in it deleted them all....