Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Canada's 7 Wonders - Vote

You know how much I love CBCs weird Canada's best shows, well there is another one: Vote for Canada's 7 Wonders.

http://www.cbc.ca/sevenwonders/index.html

The link contains the 50 that made the list; they include natural and man-made wonders.

I haven't checked them all out yet, but I do have 9 already on my list out of the 50 to vote for. I actually have quite a few man-made items on my list because they are what make me think of Canada. But, I may change my mind. The Northern Lights will definitely stay on my list and I suspect Gros Morne National Park will also stay on my list since that was one of my favourite adventures.

So, go take a look, vote and then let me know what you think should be included.

Here is what I have so far as a first pass:
  • Gros Morne National Park
  • Ice Roads (can't get more Canadian than roads made of ice)
  • Northern Lights
  • Old Quebec City
  • The Canoe
  • The Stanley Cup
  • Trans Canada Hwy
  • Rideau Canal

No comments: