Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Reading, Finally

Well, it took a while, but I finally fished Christopher Moore's 'You Suck'. This was his follow up to his 'Bloodsucking Fiends - A Love Story'. The book was pretty good and definitely better than 'A Dirty Job'. I liked 'job', but it wasn't one of his best. I think the sarcasm was back in 'suck'. But, he is falling into that Stephen King realm where the stories interconnect. I liked that about King when I was in high school, but now I think it is just a little too gimmicky.

I've also been listening to 'The Way We Eat: Why Our Food Choices Matter' by Peter Singer and Jim Mason. I borrowed the CD set from the library and I've been listening to it on the way to work. I highly recommend that everyone pick up the book or listen to the CD set. I was hoping to find some excerpts on the web to put in here. I will hopefully post more on this in the future (if I ever find spare time).

No comments: