Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Movies

I actually watched a bunch of movies this weekend. In gearing up for the awards season, Julia and I rented 'Eastern Promises'. This is the new Cronenberg / Viggo film. It was not good, unfortunately. While at the store I also rented 'Superbad' and 'Stardust'. I never go rent movies (I normally borrow from the library), but I was all excited to rent movies I hadn't seen.

Stardust was awesome. I read the book last year and loved it. I absolutely loved the movie and highly recommend it. It's a fun, magical movie. I think I liked the movie because it had been awhile since I read the book, so I didn't have huge expectations. I'm pretty sure it will be a movie I add to my collection.

Superbad was pretty good. Not all fart jokes like I expected. Plus, I do like Michael Cera.

I'm attempting to finish reading the His Dark Materials trilogy (Golden Compass, etc). I'm on the last book and I'm just not into it. I know my brother loved the series, but I'm not a huge fan. Lisa and Christi bought me books for Christmas and I can't wait to start those. I somedays wish I was like Lisa and could read multiple books at the same time. Alas, I must finish off The Amber Spyglass first.

I've been sleeping most of the weekend (took Friday off as well and slept most of the day). I'm thinking I may have caught a touch of the flu my Grandma had over the holidays.

No comments: