Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, February 22, 2008

Goderich Native

I just had to post this because it gave me quite the chuckle this morning (thanks Dorie):

You know you are a true Goderich native when:

1. A ringer on The Square was common practice, and included a beach tour. (Mel's Note: and it always reminds me of coming home from Waterloo with Tree, she could not drop me off without doing a ringer)
2. You actually know what is referred to as 'The Square.'
3. You refer to Goderich as Gdot or Godrock and expect people to know what you're talking about. (Mel's Note: I do not do this, it is Goderich)
4. You looked forward to stag and doe 'season,' and couldn't wait till Wednesday to check 'the paper.'
5. The beer tent was the biggest event to anticipate all year long.
6. The only expansion in town you really care about is Tim Horton's. (Mel's Note: this happened after I left, and I really didn't care because I don't drink coffee)
7. You survived/experienced many a gravel run (just try to find someone from the city who knows what the hell you're talking about).
8. You waited in a beer store line up all the way to the road.
9. You don't have to show your I.D. to buy booze because you know every single person in Goderich.
10. You make a joke about the third floor and people know exactly what you mean.
11. You went to parties with ages ranging 14-25 and everyone's goal is to get the drunkest and 'more drunk than you've been ever before.'
12. You know what being 'storm-stayed' is.
13. You have experienced more than 10 'snow days' during one high school year.
14. You laughed at tourists driving the wrong way on The Square, and know where the lanes are. (Mel's Note: I once saw a transport truck do this)
15. You know what the Five Points are, and what to do.
16. Growing a mullet in high school was cool. (Mel's Note: I can't believe we thought this was cool, but I do have the pictures to prove that I thought so)
17. You know what 'combat juice' is. (Mel's Note: was I so drunk that I do not know what this is?)
18. You refer to our mall as 'the mall.'
19. You went to the the drive-in only on long weekends, but never watched one movie there.
AND LASTLY...
20. You hear the name 'Culberts' and you still instantly drool.

No comments: