Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oscar Winners

IMDB.com had a poll today about how many best picture Oscar films you've seen. There have been 81 so far and I have seen 53 of them. I didn't realize I was so close to seeing them all, so I guess that will be one of the next lists I try to finish off. I haven't seen this year's winner 'No Country for Old Men', but I do want to see it. I have to go back to 1990 for the last one I haven't seen, 'Driving Miss Daisy'.

Sunday was Oscar night and there had been some worry that the Oscars would not go on this year. The writer's strike had taken its toll on the Golden Globes and I would have been rather upset if the Oscars had also been affected. Luckily the strike ended.

Julia invited a group of us over for a housewarming / Oscar party. She just moved into a new apartment near high park. I headed over early afternoon to start watching the Oscar coverage (it started on some stations at noon). I hung out for a bit with the gang and then had to head out for my hockey game. The Oscar show started at 8:30 and my game ended at 8:15. I only missed the first award and the mologue. I also missed the red carpet, which is my favourite part of the show :(. Unfortunately, my two boys were not looking at their best (Mr. Viggo Mortensen and Mr. James McAvoy). But, Jana's definitely looked good (Mr. Jason Bateman). And everyone's fav (Mr. George Clooney) looked great as always.

I haven't had a chance to look through all the outfits, but I thought Laura Linney and Miley Cyrus looked really good. I loved all the red!

I didn't do very well on my Oscar poll. There were a lot of upsets and my favs didn't win very much. I was really happy that Juno won for best original screenplay!

No comments: