Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, August 08, 2008

MINI Drama

So, the MINI drama continues. I was hoping they could find me a mini earlier than mid-Sept. Apparently they are in major demand. At least in the configuration I want. Currently, there is a mini coming in about two weeks from now. Jaguar / British Racing Green with everything I want except the media connect. The media connect is the usb connection to the ipod so that I can see the song name and charge the ipod while driving, it also allows my phone to go through the radio. This would be super nice to have. But, can I live without it? Sure, but I'd rather have it now that the option has been presented. Is it worth me going insane over car options for the next month? No.

There is another dealer that found a mini with the colour and everything I want (including media connect), but they don't know if they can get a dealer trade. I kind of want this one to become available so that I get everything I want, but I would also feel bad going with a different dealer than the guy that has been putting up with my craziness for the past two weeks. He actually said I was easy to deal with (I know many people that would beg to differ on that one - it was through email so maybe he was writing it through clenched teeth).

Fingers crossed that I get a car soon!

No comments: