Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Equity and Birthday

So, I was wondering how much equity I have. I did a quick calculation and I appear to be worth about $200 000. Not a huge amount, but not horrible. Since I have consolidated all of my debt into my mortgage I am hoping to be able to make bigger payments (which I've been doing) into that amount.

This summer hasn't been great for keeping the spending in line. I spent more than I probably should have on my son's birthday (party and gift). I kept the party to 3 kids, but with food and excursion it was probably $150 - $175. The gift was $200 (but he hasn't put it down since he got it, so I feel like it was money well spent).

My toy / gift budget for the year is used up so I don't know what I'm going to do for Christmas. I don't think Christmas will be as extravagant as the birthday present, but I'll still need to find some money for something.

According to my budget spreadsheet I've been going over budget $400 a month on average, but according to my bank account I have extra money for the year. I'm not sure where I screwed up on those two things (I'm hoping the bank account is right).

I've been losing money on my investments and I'm hoping that is just for now (I talked to an adviser at the bank and that's what they believe).

Next year should be a good year in terms of debt repayment.

No comments: