Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Mortgage Status

I was using my debt calculator on my mortgage today and if I am calculating correctly I should have my mortgage paid off in just under 9 years (possibly fewer). This is huge! I have no other debt. Of course, that timing puts me right when my son will (hopefully) be going off to higher education of some kind. I have RESPs for him, but who knows how much it will cost at that time.

I know I've made mistakes in the past and if I hadn't of made them I would be in such better shape today, but I've hopefully learned and will continue to learn and make the best of the situation as it stands today.

9 years! I'm so excited.

No comments: