Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, May 08, 2006

The Drop

Well, it was bound to happen. I dropped my motorcycle. Well, not exactly dropped, more of a lay down. So embarrassing! Outside of the theatre on a Friday night. The steering column was still locked when I went to ride away (apparently when I thought I unlocked it, I locked it). Well, not being able to straighten the handlebars out posed a problem and the bike went down. There are a few scrapes and a bent lever, but all in all not too much damage. But, it certainly doesn't look as pretty as it used to. The only good thing to come out of this: I learned that I can pick up a 500lb motorcycle all by myself. Yes, adrenaline is a wonderful thing.

I went to the movies with my friend Tara. I haven't been to a movie in forever. We went to see the new Jennifer Aniston flick, 'Friends With Money'. It was pretty good. An okay rental.

In the book department, I just finished reading 'Running With Scissors'. This is a crazy book and has just been made into a movie. Apparently, this is a memoir of the writers life. I wonder if actually escaped adolescence.

No comments: