Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, May 26, 2006

You're Out

Last night I had a great baseball game. My team went up against a Division 1 team and things weren't looking good the first inning. The other team scored 5 runs, but we came back with 3. The second inning we held them to one and we scored 5. From then on we were in the lead. I made a couple of great catches at home plate (one was really close and went to the runner and the other went to me) - this after Lisa and I were talking about how the guys never threw home to me. I caught a pop up at home as well. I was hitting really well, but only made it on base twice. The other team tied us in the last inning and I was up first. I made it to first and then ended up on third after the next hit. Next thing I knew Joel was running towards me at third so I had to run home and scored the winning run. Turned out an outfielder had thrown the ball to the pitcher. In our game, the pitcher only has to accept a throw from an infielder. This caused some mayhem that I was not paying attention to. Luckily I did start to pay attention and we won. Hopefully this means next week will be good for lacrosse and hockey.

No comments: