Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Jimmy Page, Jack White and The Edge ... oh my!

Just returned from my first movie at the festival. I hadn't checked any of the news so I had no idea that The Edge, Jimmy Page and Jack White were expected at the screening of 'It Might Be Loud' (Elisabeth Sue was there as well, but I couldn't see her). I also didn't expect them to come in and sit to watch the movie (I'm such a TIFF newbie). It was crazy, I could see Jimmy Page and The Edge if I looked around during the movie (they were sitting about 20 feet from where I was). Not that I looked around alot during the movie. It was so good! Watching the three of them jam was amazing. After the movie there was a question and answer which was very cool. Jack White is really tall, or at least really seems like it. He's taller than Jimmy Page and I think he's pretty tall. The Edge is sooo sexy and Jack White definitely has that 'thing'.

I stuck around to see them walk out. It was kind of funny, hardly any of the people waiting around had seen the movie. Most people had just been hanging out at the door waiting for them to go in and to come out.

The lineup waiting for the movie was crazy; wrapped around the block. I had brought my knitting so that was good. This next week of movies may give me the time to finish off this project :)

So, I'm highly recommending 'It Might Get Loud'. The three guys talk about how they came to be guitarists, they jammed, talked about some of their favourite songs and beginnings with their bands. I loved it.

No comments: