Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, September 05, 2008

Us Chickens at TIFF

Lisa's brother, Mark, has a movie premiering at the Toronto Film Festival this weekend. It's called 'Us Chickens'. Mention of the movie made it into the Sun today:
http://www.torontosun.com/TorontoFilmFestival08/news/2008/09/05/6666836-sun.html

I am excited about seeing Mark's movie as well as my other 6 selections for the festival. I start tonight with 'It Might Get Loud' (with The Edge, Jimmy Page and Jack White). Tomorrow I'm seeing three presentations (including the Short Cuts presentation which will include Mark's movie). I've been to a few movies in the past for the festival, but this will be my first full-fledged undertaking. Well, I guess it's not really full-fledged since Lisa did most of the leg-work for me. It was all crazy trying to get the tickets and movie selections completed in time (THANK YOU Lisa). I'm seeing a couple of documentaries, the short program and at least one 'Hollywood' movie (ie the Michael Cera film 'Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist' I am so excited to see).

I will try to keep my blog updated on the festivities, but I'll probably be crazy tired after all the running around.

No comments: