Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, February 15, 2010

First event

Tonight was our first olympic event - womens hockey, Russia vs Finland. Very exciting game, lots of checking, lots of crazy shots on net. Most of us were cheering for the underdog Russians. But it was very hard sometimes as they played very poorly. Their goalie was phenomenal, though! The offense hung back at the blue line, no one went to the net.

After the game we went out for some dinner and the restaurant was showing the NBC feed instead of a Canadian feed so we didn't get to see the gold medal mogul run. But we were certainly cheering during the hockey game when we heard the curse was broken.

Now I'm stuck on a bus heading back to my brothers. The US VP (Biden) just drove by and so no one could drive down the street and the bus isn't allowed to make any of it's regular stops for a couple of blocks.

I'm very much looking forward to bed. Tomorrow more hockey - womens: Sweden vs Slovakia.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: