Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, August 02, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance

I love this show. I got Gord watching last week and he asked me if I thought I could dance and I told him 'I know I can dance'. But, I also know that I am nowhere near the level of the dancers on this show.


Last night I was surprised that Lacy let me down. During the auditions I thought she was very full of herself and I was quite surprised that I really enjoyed her dancing and she ended up being one of my favourites. But, last night I thought she looked the same (in the latin jazz routine, not the contemporary) as she had in other routines. Same facial expressions, same hand gestures and body movements. Neil, as always, was awesome. Hello, he can keep dancing without his shirt every week! Even better than Demetri without his shirt (at least in my opinion). I did love their contemporary routine, but that was mostly because of the sentiment behind it. I, like most of the audience, was crying for the next ten minutes. I hope Neil sticks around.


Sabra is definitely one of my new favourites, but I don't know if I agree with all the gushing. I do love her hair and attitude, though.


For the guys, I hope Neil and Danny stick around to the end (I like Pasha, but these guys seem to grab more attentions - since I keep forgetting Pasha is left in the competition). For the girls, I love Lauren (even though her dancing did not impress me in the beginning - maybe it's because she is so damn sexy and I can't keep my eyes off of her when she's on stage). I think it is a great female competition this season. Sabra is amazing. I love Sara, I think she is definitely the surprising one out of the group considering she is a b-girl and has done great learning so many different styles and doing them very well. Lacy, unfortunately, I think is starting to show her limitations. At the beginning she blew me away, but I'm not so sure anymore. Plus I hate the socks she wears :)


While watching the show last night I was also putting together song lists for Jason's wedding. All that great dancing and great music had me up and dancing around the house (neither Gord nor George were home, obviously). I forgot how much I love to just dance around. It was awesome, I danced around the house for about two hours and then it was definitely time for bed. I could not get up this morning. I'm not sure if it was the dancing, the lack of drugs, the crazy dreams, or what. But, the clock was snoozed multiple times throughout the hour it took me to get out of bed.

Another crazy side effect of the lack of drugs this week: giggles. Most of the guys I work with have commented on it. I am giggling uncontrollably. I'm dizzy and I'm giggly. It's very odd. It actually feels like I'm on a different kind of drug. Weird.

The dreams from last night were also very involved and weird. Lisa and I were travelling to Pittsburgh (?) and had to meet up with a bunch of other people, but they could not get the same flight as us and one group even had to fly through the Caribbean to meet up with us. While there we had to stake out hotels (because we hadn't done that before) and we did this by walking around the city. I ended up losing everyone one night and was stuck in a weird grocery / liquor store where they thought I had stolen a bottle of alcohol. But, since I couldn't find my friends I ended up sticking around the store and dancing around the aisles. Later on I ended up back at the hotel to realize that I had left my child in the hotel room (other friends had also left their children in the hotel room) and housekeeping was taking care of the kids (sort of). Later on in my dream there was a whole hockey thing going on where (surprise, surprise) I was infatuated with a hockey player. I somehow ended up stealing his shoes (that were actually owned by his favourite hockey player and were a surprise present from his sister). I promptly lost this present and spent most of the rest of the dream trying to relocate these shoes (someone in a biker gang / pickpocket ring had stolen them from me). My brother and my dad were both on another hockey team and had matching 'Woodall Plumbing' hockey bags that were pink (yes, my least favourite colour) and I wanted one (I didn't get one because I kept being unable to locate my hockey equipment or my father whenever he came to pick me up at the arena). I finally convinced the hockey player I was infatuated with to give me a chance, but it turned out he was a smoker and I had to tell him that I was no longer interested. There were a lot of other elements to my crazy dream (like the restaurant we went to for breakfast, but were given free fries and onion rings that Jason covered in ketchup and we all decided to go for a run / hike after breakfast). I do have the oddest, most vivid dreams.

No comments: