Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, August 31, 2007

Ride to Work

I decided to ride the motorcycle to work today. It's a beautiful day out and I plan to take the bike up to Goderich for the weekend, so it seemed like a good idea.

About 20 mins from work there was a sign on the QEW that the QEW was closed. Not 'closed at night' or 'one laned closed', but 'the QEW is closed'. So, all of the traffic on the QEW to Niagara at 9am this morning was routed through Hwy 406 which is a one lane turnoff where they were still doing construction work. It turns out there was a fatal accident on the QEW in St. Catharines. Okay, close the QEW, but stop doing construction on the turnoff that we all have to use. Does that not make sense?

It took me another hour to get to work from that point. I hate working in Niagara.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's right, I was wondering if you made it to work. :-)

Oh, and did you manage to find out where you were now sitting? (since your office was taken over during my vacation)