Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Work, etc.

Well, the dizziness has kicked in from the lack of anti-depressants. Boy it's fun to walk around in heels when you feel like you could fall down at any minute ;)

Work is actually pretty good this week. It looks like we will be getting rid of the crappy software and I can start putting together a project plan again for the next phase of my job. YEAH!!!

My brother is getting married in just over a week. I can't believe it is so soon (yes, I am aware of my last post on this subject, sue me, I'm off my drugs and my moods are all over the place). He and Megan fly in on Friday night and are crashing at my place after their very late flight and then they will have a whirlwind week of trying to get the wedding together (I expect).

This also means that I leave for my vacation in less than a week. I had another conversation this week with someone asking how we could not be taking a gun with us. What is with all the gun happy Canadians lately? Okay, I realize this sounds more in keeping with Canadian tradition of owning guns, since it involves wildlife... but not really. This is not about hunting for food, this is about protection, which sounds way more like American ideas about owning guns and I am not keen on that at all. Now, Gord's ideas on a 'bear bang' sounded a bit better because it was just about making a large enough noise to scare off the bear. Since the Nunavut handbook and Polar Bear warning guide did not mention this as an option, it doesn't sound too promising to me. I think they might know what they are talking about (I hope).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All right! Work seems to be better for you now? Excellent. That always makes life go much more smoothly if you don't hate the place you spend 8-9 hours a day. hahaha