Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Lisey's Story

So, I finally finished reading Stephen King's newest (I believe - it took me a long time to read this). It was so bad. It had an interesting idea behind it but it went on for way too long. Probably would have made a good short story.

After that I read Bruce Campbell's second book "How to Make Love, the Bruce Campbell Way". It wasn't near as good as his autobiography but there were laugh out loud moments.

I'm currently reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns". It is so good. The author's first book, "The Kite Runner", was amazing. So far his second is shaping up to be just as good. The writing is amazing, I can't put it down (and not because there is action every second, just because the writing sucks you in).

1 comment:

El Gallo said...

I thought the first half of The Kite Runner was superb but felt a bit let down by the second half (about the time his father died). For one thing, the dad, for all his faults, was the most interesting character and I missed him. I thought the plot got a little contrived when the narrator went back of Afghanistan. Still, a good book on the whole.