Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, October 01, 2007

I'm a Goalie

Well, I was a goalie for part of our game last night. Our hockey season finally started up again and unfortunately our normal goalie (Theresa) didn't join the Mississauga league this year. The league is supposed to be responsible for finding us a goalie (they should considering we each paid $450 to play). But, they haven't found us one yet. Last night we had to play without a goalie. Which means we can have 6 skaters on the ice for the game. We only had 8 in total so who ever was in the net was kind of taking a break. I actually liked being in net. I made quite a few saves and Kim was an excellent addition to the defense. As much fun as I had, I really hope we have a goalie for next week's game.

I went to Wonderland with Julia and Jana on Saturday. Jana was hungover and I was suffering from flu-like symptoms myself (not self-induced). While there the Minebuster had some kind of problem. We were waiting in line for the Italian Job and noticed that the Minebuster was stopped on the way up. It was there for quite a while and we really don't know what was going on. The people were still in the cars, but at one point four people got out. Jana did not feel comfortable going on the ride :( I was still willing to chance it, but I deferred to the group. It was a beautiful day at the park and we got on a lot of rides. I'm heading back next with Sharon and her daughter Livia.

No comments: