Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Too Much TV

Last night at trivia I learned that I watched too much television in the 80s (I'm not sure that has changed).

I actually did really well in last night's game. I was able to get my current events question correct (I was worried for awhile): 'What American university hosted the Iranian president for a Q&A' (well, the question was way wordier than that) and I actually had Columbia somewhere in my brain (I had read an article on the visit, but I didn't think Columbia was actually correct).

There were two rounds that I absolutely loved: Entertainment and Audio. The audio round this week was on Canadian artists. My team had a perfect round (everyone answered their question without the team's help). My song was by Feist (so thank you Jason for downloading a ton of Feist onto my MP3 player). The Entertainment round was on 80s sitcoms. I knew all of them except the Bosom Buddies question (I had a different show in my mind, but it wasn't our question). Somedays it does help to be the youngest person at the table. I was also really happy with my question in the challenge round. I don't think I have ever gotten a challenge question correct, but this week there were two questions on Yellow songs. I was hoping for Yellow Submarine, but that really is way too obvious. My question was about Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi. I would have also gotten the steal correct (if it had come back to me) as that was about Coldplay's Yellow (I'm not a fan of Coldplay at all, but I did know that they sang Yellow).

So, a good night for our team. We did win at our table. Rod's team, though, kicked butt at their table. Rod and I went out to Green Mango for dinner before the game. It was soooo good! We then stopped in to a great furniture place on Yonge. If I had any room in my house I definitely would have found many things to buy. Rod has a new house so he will definitely be going back for some pieces.

No comments: