Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, June 19, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday and so far I have had a great weekend leading up to it. On Friday I went out with some friends for a stagette / slash birthday party. Christi's friend Jen was getting married so Mr. Stud (see below) invited us out for night of dancing, drinking and naked men (they were not that naked).

Some of you have been out with Mr. Stud and some of you may never have heard of him. No one seems to be really sure on th origins of Mr. Stud, but my first encounter was with Lisa for some stagette and I have now become the keeper of Mr. Stud. He's been to Grand Bend, made out on a pool table, crowd surfed and had many dances with different bouncers. Mr. Stud tends to be the life of any party!

Two of my sisters were also able to join the festivities on Friday, which was so great. I hadn't seen my sister Jaime in two years and it had been almost a year since I had seen Lindsay. We had so much fun dancing. Then we all headed out to the strip club. Apparently we got there late as there were not very many acts left to dance. We still had fun, maybe too much. I was pretty hung over all day. No more champagne for me, it is never a good idea.

I was supposed to go to a pre-pride party on Saturday, but due to the above mentioned hangover and this stupid iron deficiency (diagnosed again, explaining my extreme lack of energy lately), I didn't make it to the party. Happy Pride everyone, sorry I missed the party!

Sunday was Father's Day and normally, since my birthday coincides with this day to celebrate dad, my father and I normally go golfing. But, I was ditched this year.

After learning my Father's Day was free, my friend Lisa (from hockey) and I were to go for a round of golf. But last week she broke her ankle in hockey. She's out for 6-8 weeks. How crappy is that?

Today Christi and I are heading to Wonderland for a day of rollercoasters and waterslides. I'm so excited. I love Wonderland. What an excellent way to spend a birthday! Can't wait for the funnel cakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day Mel! Did you have fun at Wonderland?