Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Happy Pride

I made it downtown today and caught up with my friends Heidi and Jen and Heidi's brother, George. They had staked out a great spot for the pride parade and it was just an absolutely gorgeous day.

Now, Heidi and Jen have been in Ottawa for a few years now and I have not had the pleasure of their company for Toronto Pride. So, it was very nice to hang out with them today. But, I did miss hanging out with Andi, Liz and Michelle and everyone from the gang. Of course, normally that is a Saturday Dyke March day and crazy dancing night.

Maybe next year I will get to hang out with both groups and Pride will be perfect :)

At one point as we were watching today, I looked up and saw all this yellow and a bunch of math symbols. University of Waterloo! Woo hoo. What other crazy group would have math symbols on their shirts?



I didn't take too many pics at pride, but here is another. When we saw the firetruck we were hoping that there would be some hot women along with the hot firemen. But, alas, only men.


Happy Pride Everyone!

No comments: