Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, September 28, 2007

Missing Book

Last weekend I lost the book I was reading while in Goderich. I checked out a copy from the library and finished it last night. So, I have read 'The Princess and the Goblin'. Apparently, one of Tolkien's favourites. It was okay, but I really thought it was going in a different direction. There is a suspicious grandmother in the story and the character didn't go where I thought it would (maybe I have read to many horror stories in my time).

It was okay, a cute kid's book.

I'm back to reading 'Lisey's Story' by Stephen King. I've actually taken to skimming the book. I used to love reading King, but lately not so much. I know I've said this before, but his short stories are still excellent, but it appears that he needs more editing for his novels (or, I have just grown out of reading his style - but I'm pretty sure his style has changed since his earlier works).

I'm hoping to be done shortly as I have checked 'Make Love The Bruce Campbell Way' from the library. I loved his first book and I'm hoping this one is just as funny.

No comments: