Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happy Birthday .... To Me!

Well, I'm 35 today. I must say I hope that this year is better than last year.

I really hope that I find out what is wrong with me soon. I hate being so tired and listless all the time. I slept from 2pm to 6:30pm yesterday (and I had a good night's sleep the night before). I almost missed the trivia night.

While I was at trivia I was falling asleep so I had Julia sub in for me. A sub can only come in before the round has been revealed (that is before the topic has been given). So, she subed in for me prior to the literature round. Wouldn't you know it, the round was all about The Lord of the Rings. Yep, my favourite book / movie and I missed the trivia round because I was tired. I knew the answer to every question. It drove me crazy to not be able to answer. The other team was nice enough to say I could come back and play if I wanted to, but that would have been unfair (and against the rules). I did do well on a couple of the other rounds, though and I did have fun.

On Sunday I went golfing with my dad in London for father's day. I started off playing very badly, but was definitely playing better by the end. My dad is buying me a new putter for my birthday (slowly but surely I will get a half decent set of clubs). Dad had some excellent shots and even chipped one in (yea Dad)!

Saturday was my cousin Michelle's wedding. I didn't get into Goderich until very late Friday night / Sat morning. The day was absolutely beautiful. The wedding was held in my aunt and uncle's backyard. It looked great. The tent and the tables, everything. The food was delicious and served very quickly. It was a very relaxed event and everyone seemed to have a great time. My Grandma said it was one of the best parties she's been to. (At some point pictures will be posted, I'm getting so bad at that).

Yesterday morning I went for my consultation for laser eye surgery. At one point they said I was overfocusing for the tests (yes, that's me, the over achiever in everything I do). So, the surgery has been scheduled for July 6th. I'm still pretty nervous, but was happy to hear that they no longer use a blade to cut open your eye (it is all done by lasers now). It still freaks me out, though. They didn't warn me about not playing hockey after the surgery though :( Also, I have to not pet my cats for a couple of days after the surgery. I'm pretty sure I'm going to want to cuddle with the kitties when I get home (well, after I wake up).

So, hopefully only a couple more weeks of glasses or contacts. Keep your fingers crossed that it all goes well.

No comments: