Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

One Year Off

I just finished reading the book 'One Year Off'. I highly recommend this. I finished it in about 2 days. This guy in the states sold all of his stuff (house, etc), quit his job and took his wife (she was more gung-ho than him) and three kids around the world for a year. Some of the places they went sounded so amazing. I need to find more time and more money so I can do these things. The afterward was quite poignant regarding North Americans vs Europe, etc, when it comes to time off.

If it wasn't for the spiders I would be heading to Costa Rica and Africa. Stupid fear!

No comments: