Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, June 25, 2007

Logan and Veronica, I Will Miss You

While recovering from my weekend of debauchery (read: too much red wine and vodka and crans), I was finally able to catch up on the final episodes of Veronica Mars.


I know Lisa has already mentioned this (I believe on facebook) that it is sad how invested we get in fake lives, but I am not happy to see this show go off the air. Three years was not long enough! Especially (spoiler ahead) when Veronica and Logan are not together at the end of it. That just plain sucks. Piz? Really? I don't think so. He was too much like Duncan, no chemistry (well, more chemistry than Duncan - I don't see how any two actors can have less chemistry, oh wait, Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen in the Star Wars movies, that was worse). Anyway, the end should have had her back with Logan.


I would really like to see this show move on with her in the FBI. But, it appears that it will not happen :(


I also watched the movie 'The Believer' with Ryan Gosling. Very reminiscent of 'American History X' (eerily similar performances). The journey that Ryan's character makes is very interesting and the details of the Jewish faith (that are given), I found to be very interesting. I highly recommend taking a look at this film.


Friday night I met up with Lisa, Anna and Mohsen for dinner. We ended up at 'Fred's Not Here'. I was very happy with the Pad Thai I had. I don't know what it was (probably the lack of tofu and egg), but I really enjoyed it. The red wine was very good and the dessert with the sparkler for my birthday was excellent.

Throughout dinner I kept receiving calls from the girls (Andi, Liz and Michelle) asking where I was. I had told them that I would meet up with them for Pride after I was done my dinner. I was having so much fun at dinner I didn't want it to end. But, it did have to end since they had bought me a ticket for a pride event.

I met up with the girls at the Opera House. Unfortunately, the DJ(s) sucked. So, our night of dancing was more a night of standing around. The can-can girls were good though :)

We then took a walk down Church street and back to Andi's where we chatted until, what, 4am? I crashed on the couch and then went back to Anna and Mohsen's to get my car around 8am. I walked to their place. It was a beautiful Saturday morning and I was so surprised to see how clean Yonge street was. It was quite remarkable.

I then headed home where I slept for most of the day (I woke up at 3, I think, and ended up missing the Dyke march and the rest of the festivities for the day). I then had to rush around and clean my house.

Lindsay and Dave and Jaime and Sami got to my place around 8:45 for the drinking prior to going dancing at The Devil's Martini in celebration of my birthday. Tara and Christi were to meet up with us there (Christi didn't get my change of plans email). Jana lives downtown, so we called her when we were leaving. But, we had to have a short air hockey challenge prior to heading out. I believe Lindsay beat me, but I can't remember which of the boys won.


We then made it down to the Devil's Martini with about 5 mins to spare to get in on the guest list. I was so happy to be back there. I haven't been in so long and it is still my favourite bar. The music was great, lots of room to dance and I even ran into an old friend. Unfortunately, I could not find Christi or Tara (and it turned out that neither of them brought their cell phones). But, we stuck to one section of the bar in the hopes that we would find them. We did finally find them when we went downstairs to the bar (they were trying to call me on the pay phone).

So, we danced and we drank and then everyone started to leave. I could have stayed (I think). Christi and Tara dropped me off downtown so I could meet up with Liz and Michelle. Apparently I said I would text Christi to let her know I had gotten there okay (I have no recollection of this promise), I think she was worried about me walking down Church Street by myself at 1am.

I met up with Liz and Michelle and we attempted to get into a bar. Not so easy on Church during Pride. We waited in line for about an hour and half and then the bouncers pissed us off (we were at the front and they let 8 people who had not been standing in line for an hour into the bar).

I spent Sunday asleep on my couch and missed meeting up with Heidi for the parade (sorry Heidi :(!

That's about the excitement of my weekend. I hope everyone had a great weekend and a happy Pride!

No comments: