Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Walking and Reading

I am so happy that I was back in the swing of walking yesterday. I finished reading 'The Measure of a Man'. It was okay. Not great, not bad. There were some very interesting ideas and memories of his life. I think I may need to pick up his other book. This one wasn't really his biography (and wasn't meant to be), it was more about his ideas on life and, I guess, spirituality.

I am now reading 'One Year Off'. It is really interesting so far. It makes me want to pick up and travel the world. I don't know that I could give up all my stuff though. I do like my stuff. I'm way too sentimental about things I own. Who gave it to me, where it came from, how long it has been in the family, etc.

No comments: