Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, January 29, 2007

Hockey

Well, it has been awhile since I mentioned my hockey team. As always I'm having a great time playing, and as always our team is in last place. I don't know what it is about our team, but we are always in last place during the season and then we do well during playoffs (let's hope that is the case again this season). But, even though we haven't won a game yet (we did tie one), we love being out there and we aren't one of those teams that gets angry or discouraged. There are teams that we play against that when they are beating us 4-0 they start getting really aggresive. I don't understand that. Do they want us to get bitchy because we are losing? It just doesn't happen. It's very weird.

I did have a good game last night. Two shots on net (we are pretty happy when we play in their end, so a shot on net is a very big deal) and my couch was really impressed with my back checking in our end. I seem to finally be getting the idea of this game (it's about time).

This weekend I also watched a couple of movies. I watched Notorious (Alfred Hitchcock with Ingrid Bergman and Carey Grant), it was okay. Not one of my favourite Hitchcock movies. I also watched Out of Africa. This movie so makes me want to go to Africa on safari. It was absolutely beautiful. Meryl Streep was amazing; and Robert Redford was damn good looking as always.

On Saturday night, my friend Dorie made an amazing stir fry dinner and we played a couple games of Sex and the City trivia. I was finally able to help her with setting up her wireless router for her laptop and she completed some paintings that she had done for me (I can't wait to post a picture - they are awesome).

That's about it for me. This week I am off to see Justin Timberlake with two of my sisters. I'm so excited, he is just damn fine.

No comments: