Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ovaries suck

The ongoing saga of my crappy ovaries continues. On Thursday I went to work and at about 10am the pain became unbearable. It appears that I am going to be in extreme pain like this every month. Personally, I wish they would just take the cyst out. Instead, my doctor has put me on the pill. She thinks that will shrink the cyst and the pain should subside. I really hope she's right. I've been hanging out on my couch for two days trying to sleep. Even the percocet wouldn't put me to sleep. When I stepped in the fire and had 3rd degree burns on my feet, I thought that was the worst pain; then when I ripped my cornea and it felt like a knife was being stabbed in my eye, I thought that was the worst pain; now I'm not so sure. I think the cornea was the worst, but this was definitely up there.

Last night, I had dinner with Mohsen, Anna and Lisa. It was really nice to see them and dinner was excellent, but I had to leave early due to this stupid ovary.

On a happier note I finally started reading again. For awhile there I really wasn't in the mood to read, which is weird for me. I've only read one book in the past couple of months and it wasn't that good of a book: The Murder Book by Jonathan Kellerman. Currently, I'm reading Predator by Patricia Cornwell. Both books are part of series that I've been reading for years. Predator really isn't very good either. But, next I'm planning to read the new Guy Gavriel Kay and I can't wait. Kay, Moore and King all have new books out this season. So, it should be a good time for reading. I have a ton of books waiting for me.

On the movie front I've watched a bunch of movies including 'Dial M for Murder' and 'Suddenly, Last Summer'. They were okay. 'Suddenly, Last Summer' wasn't near as shocking as I expected it to be. The whole build up is to the end when Elizabeth Taylor explains how Sebastian dies. Really it wasn't that good of a build up. I also watched 'Sahara', which was actually fun; and 'Pieces of April' with Katie Holmes, it was pretty good, but boy was her mom a bitch.

No comments: