Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

SexyBack

Last night my sister, Jaime, and I went to the Justin Timberlake concert at the ACC. My sister, Lindsay, and her friend, Leslie, were also there, but we weren't sitting together (we did see them briefly just as we were passing security). Jaime and I were a little late (me coming from Niagara Falls, then having to change, accident on the Gardiner, find parking, dealing with someone at the ACC that didn't know where are seats were).

Pink was the opening act. We missed her first song (we think) and she was amazing. She is way tinier than I thought she was. She looked great. But, the sound was bad. I had forgotten how bad the ACC sound is. The first concert I saw there was Alanis Morrisette and all I heard was the band. It has gotten a little better, but I still find it hard to hear the vocals. Now, Simon and Garfunkel were different, probably because they don't have that much of a band. Bob Dylan? Well, that could go either way :)

During her set, Pink actually did some acrobatics. It was wicked. If you have ever seen the performers that wrap themselves in fabric and flip themselves around over the stage, that is what Pink was doing. Not her dancers (well, one of her dancers was also doing some of the acrobatics), but actually Pink. It was tres cool. I would definitely go see her again.

Justin was damn good. He is just so sexy. He sounded good (well, as good as he could have with the horrible ACC acoustics), he looked amazing in his black suit, and damn can he dance. I normally go to rock concerts, this is probably only my fourth pop concert (Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, New Kids on the Block). I was very impressed. the stage was in the round and they had an excellent set up. Timbaland did a 20 minute set in the middle of the show and it was very good. I'm not sure I've paid so much for a concert ticket before, but it was definitely worth it. The show was over 3 hours long and I couldn't talk the next morning because my throat was too sore from all the screaming.

Check out the review of the show: http://www.thestar.com/article/176593

No comments: