Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, April 14, 2006

Brokeback

So, I just finished watching Brokeback Mountain. Again. It was even better the second time. I could watch Jake for hours. It is such a beautiful movie.

When I was at home last weekend I had brought the DVD with me so that my family could see it. But, I realized that it just wasn't a good idea. As much as I love this movie and I think they should see it, I realized that they were just going to upset me a great deal. When I brought up the idea of watching the movie I didn't receive a great reception to the idea. I have enough problems with some of the ideas they have (and them with mine) that I realized that it was probably going to cause more problems between us. I hope they watch it and see all the beauty that I do.

Outside of how amazing I thought the movie overall was I just can not get over how damn sexy Jake is in this movie. I have loved Jake since I saw him in October Sky (go see this movie), but this really just cemented how amazing I think he is (maybe even more than Viggo as Aragorn - which I did not think was possible). Yes, I am well aware of the fact that I seem to like movie / book characters more than real people (but have you seen Jake :)?)

Enough about Brokeback. I was supposed to go to Goderich this weekend to visit my grandma. But, the weather did not cooperate. I am back to only having a motorcycle so I need the good weather. (Sorry Grandma.) I am thinking of going out to find a leather motorcycle jacket this weekend.

I am very torn about the decision to get a motorcycle jacket. My kevlar Joe Rocket jacket is falling apart (the seems are torn) and doesn't appear to be that protective any more. The tests show that leather is the most protective. Of course, if I was to really stick to my guns I would say kevlar is the way for me to go. But, my new motorcycle really does scream leather. I hate that, but I also like it because riding the bike is also about looking cool :). Of course, I probably won't find the jacket I'm looking for. My body is just not built for the style of jackets out there. Somedays I wish I was just a little taller.

I talked to Lisa today and, of course, we were discussing the books we were reading. She reminded me that I have read 'Harriet the Spy' before and that I hated it. I don't understand how I could forget that I had read this before. Now, I did hate it again this time. I'm sorry, but a kids book with a 'moral' of lying is necessary? That's really not what I expect from a kids book.

Now I'm reading a new Stephen King. It's a pulp fiction thing and it is really quite boring. Luckily it is very short and I should be done tomorrow. Then I am on to the new Christopher Moore. I can't wait.

No comments: