Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, April 28, 2006

Insomnia

For the past three weeks I have not been sleeping well and when I finally do get to sleep I dream these very vivid dreams that I remember when I wake up which means I'm not getting any sleep. I hate insomnia. I even tried to take a sleeping aid, but that was even worse. My brain fought against it and so I had an even worse sleep.

The last time I had insomnia this bad was in university during finals (not a good time to be sleep deprived). I don't know what's going on but I must be stressed about something.

Unfortunately, I won't even have the option of sleeping in this weekend. I'm helping Karen and Kevin paint the baby's room.

On the book front I'm reading 'Reefer Madness' right now. I think I need to stop reading non fiction for awhile. It is making me very angry and depressed. The book is written by the same guy that wrote 'Fast Food Nation'. This one is about 'Sex, drugs and cheap labour in the american black market'. Very interesting, but so making me hate the government (American in this instance).

Not sure what I will read next, but David Suzuki's biography comes out this weekend. Which would mean more non fiction. I may have to hold off on that. Not sure I can handle reading about the internment camps at this point.

On a totally different note, my sports start again next week. Woo hoo! I'm so glad. I've been missing the physical activity. The gym just isn't the same. Next week lacrosse and baseball start and then hockey starts mid May. So, the end of my free nights is upon me.

I can't believe it is almost May. The days go by so fast.

No comments: