Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, April 03, 2006

Worst Book Ever

I finally finished the worst book ever. Well, that's not exactly true. I have probably read worse books in the past. 'The Historian' was so boring. It had a really good premise, but the writer just couldn't pull it off. I couldn't wait for it to be done. I complained about it all the time. Of course, Christi wondered why I didn't just stop reading it (novel concept). I just can't not finish a book. The ending also was a let down. Suzanne, if you are reading this, I'm not sure I can ever trust you to recommend a book to me again :). In Suzanne's defense I believe she had only heard of the book before she recommended it to me.

Now I'm reading 'Close Range' by Annie Proux. A collection of short stories about Wyoming that includes 'Brokeback Mountain'. It is very good. (Brokeback comes out on DVD tomorrow.)

This weekend I hit the One of a Kind Craft Show with Lisa and Dorie. I believe I spent the least amount of money ever at the craft show. I bought a couple of things and a couple of presents. Then we ordered Thai food (apparently my soup came with a staple, how fun), drank some wine and chatted. That was the best part of the day.

Last night (April 3) I was invited to a Rev launch party. Christi's husband, Mike, works at Bacardi and they have a new flavour of Rev out on the market. There was purple everywhere. It was fun, but I am too old to be drinking Rev on a Monday night downtown :) Wow is there ever a lot of sugar and caffeine in those. (And as many of you are aware I don't normally have caffeine in my diet so I am still wired this morning. Very difficult to sleep last night.)

No comments: