Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, April 10, 2006

Trivia

While in London on the weekend, Dad, Sue, Rach and I were involved in a trivia tournament in Stratford. Sue signed us up as part of the Royal Bank team with some people from her work. It was a lot of fun, but wow, what was with those questions. I thought the trivia league I used to be in was tough. There were ten teams, I think, and ten rounds of ten questions. There were a couple of music questions that I knew (but not the John Lennon one - my dad couldn't believe it - hey, I'm a Beatles fan, not so much the solo stuff). I also answered two of the four literary questions correctly. There were a few questions where people were not happy with the answers. We thought a fight might break out and the quiz master looked very scared :)

After the tournament, we went over to Kelseys to see my cousin Ed (he's a bartender there). He brought us the most amazing dessert. And from the small world files, three guys at the bar were from Goderich.

Sunday was so beautiful! Wish I had of been out on the motorcycle (of course, with all the craziness of the murders in the London area this weekend that may be biker related, maybe not). Instead I helped Dad build a walkway around the side of the house. It looks really good. Dad and Sue really know how to put a house together! My arms hurt so much today from moving rocks. Of course, I think the game of catch that Dad, Rach and I might also have something to do with the pain.

I was just reading Jamie's blog (http://bloodyhyena.blogspot.com/) and was remembering the game of cranium we played on Friday night. Jamie and I made an awesome team. If there is ever a chance to play charades I want him as my partner. For some weird reason I could always figure out what he was acting out. I think his girlfriend might be wondering what is in the water in Goderich to make us so weird :)

No comments: