Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Birthday Rachael

It's another sister's birthday today! Happy Birthday to Rachael. I believe she was spending her birthday weekend in Toronto and was going to the zoo.

I love the zoo. Especially in spring when all the babies have been born. Now, ethically I have issues with the zoo. But, I have so many happy memories of the zoo that it is hard to not still love going to the zoo. I love walking around that place (and really when I think of the zoo, it's the walk that I love - I'm such a freak).

This weekend I was supposed to head to Goderich, but the weather didn't seem to think that was a good idea. Considering how cold it was yesterday on the bike, I think I made the correct choice. Grandma, I promise to come visit soon!

Instead I did some work around the house, bought some new plants (I wonder how long they will last) and went out on the bike. I went shopping for a new motorcycle jacket and while at the store I lost my motorcycle key. Not fun! Cycle World has so many places to lose a key. After hunting around the store for about 45 mins and asking Lisa to come pick me up, the key was finally found at the counter (thankfully someone found it and turned it in). I can't have a keychain on the key because it scratches the paint / chrome (learned this the hard way), so, the key becomes very easy to lose (this is the second time).

I finished a Stephen King book this weekend. Really just a short story. It was okay, not great. Now, I'm reading 'A Dirty Job' by Christopher Moore.

I watched 'March of the Penguins' on the weekend. Soo cute (Jay, I'm trying out your new word). Nature is weird and wonderful.

Hope everyone had an excellent long weekend and is ready for the spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, did you end up buying a leather coat?