Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Jacket

So, the motorcycle jacket I looked at on the weekend was quite nice. But, one major problem the inner lining was pink. Now, some of you may not know about my aversion to pink. It is quite the deep seated hatred. I don't know why I hate it so much, but I can't stand pink. Lisa has indicated that it really shouldn't matter that the 'inside' is pink since no one will see it. In theory that makes sense, but I will know it is there and when the jacket is not done up you can see it. It would clash with my motorcycle once the bike is painted orange.

Anyway, the same jacket also comes in black with cream. I'm going to ask today what colour the lining is on that one. Of course, then I have to locate the jacket in my size. The Canadian dealers don't appear to carry this jacket.

I finished my Christopher Moore book last night, 'A Dirty Job'. It was good, not great. It definitely had some excellent moments. It was very similar to some of his other books. Not his best, but not his worst.

I'm currently reading 'Nickel and Dimed'. A book that Lisa leant me about a writer that decides to find out if it is possible to survive on minimum wage. It's very interesting so far.

I've booked my flight to Vancouver to go see Jason and Megan in August. I can't wait! I actually found a direct flight using my Air Canada points. I was so surprised. Actually, I'm flying into the airport closest to them and not Vancouver. When I attempted to book a flight to Vancouver I was going to end up spending 6 hours in Saskatoon. Ah the joys of Aeroplan points. Not that I'm complaining about a free flight!

I've almost used up all of my points. One more trip I think and then I will look at switching to the Royal Bank Visa. I hear it has the best plan (of course, I think Sue might be biased :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talk about kismet, I just read that book on the weekend! (It's super short) My sister was talking about it, so I snagged it from her & read it first. Interesting read, as I've often wondered why people on welfare don't go & get minimum wage jobs. It's because they can't support themselves! My sister & I calculated it once for Ontario, & on min wage with a kid, you can barely pay for everything. I think it ended up that you don't have any money for groceries, but your kid's in day care. As if that helps.