Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, July 30, 2007

Catching up with Friends

This weekend I was supposed to do nothing except clean my apartment and put together music for my brother's wedding (only 2 more weeks). My apt is definitely cleaner :) No music, though.

Instead I pampered myself. I went and had a massage, mani and pedi. It was very nice and relaxing after the two weeks of not being at all happy at work. My boss is back today and hopefully we will get a chance to chat today to determine if I will still be employed until December.

On Saturday night, though, I headed downtown to meet up with my friend Rob. I haven't seen him since sometime in University. We were both at home in Goderich for the summer and used to go for walks all the time. We went to an Irish pub and he found out that a friend's band was actually playing there that night. I do love celtic music. We were just planning on having a drink and catching up, and instead we ended up drinking quite a bit and sticking around to listen to the band. I must say I prefer 'The Kitchen Party' (the band that plays every st. paddy's day at Failte, but they were good).

When I left Rob was talking to some very cute girl and I went home and crashed on my couch. Facebook is evil :) I seem to drink too much when catching up with friends from Goderich. But, boy, is it nice to see everyone.

No comments: