Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stupid Rain

Yesterday I decided to take my motorcycle to work. It was a nice ride (except for the fact that my ipod battery was dead). This morning Gord and I rode into work together which was cool. Then I had to ride home tonight.

As I was leaving the falls I noticed the big black sky looming over towards Toronto. I got to Hamilton before the wind really kicked up and the rain started to pour down. How come it rains everytime I go out on the bike? And not just rain, but torrential rain. As I got to the Burlington Skyway I realized that it would be a very bad idea for me to ride in that kind of wind on the skyway. At this point my bike was being pushed all over the road the wind was so crazy. My boots were full of water and my jeans were soaking wet!

I did make it home okay and was very happy to get into my flannel pajamas. Unfortunately, now I no longer feel like going to Port Dover tomorrow for Friday the 13th.

On a totally different note: Congrats to Heidi and Jen on buying their first house and to Heidi for receiving her mechanics license this week! Congrats also go out to Marn and Paul as they welcomed their son Benjamin into the world this week!

No comments: