Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Air Hockey

I am so excited, I just bought an air hockey table. It isn't a super snazzy one. It cost me $60 and I'm pretty sure it is straight out of the 70's. Someone at work had posted it on the associate for sale board. I went and took a look at it last night and bought it. I didn't think about how I would get it home. It's way too big to travel in the mini. But, luckily, Julia has an SUV (they do come in handy once in awhile) and she is willing to take a trip to the Falls with me to pick it up. We will have dinner, go check out the falls and pick up my air hockey table. Hopefully Christi's husband Mike will be able to help us carry it upstairs to my condo.

When I was little (probably six or so, yes, I know, I'm still little), my dad's friend, Dick, had an awesome games room. It had a ping pong table, pool table, shuffleboard, poker table and an air hockey table. It was one of my favourite places as a kid. Jason and I would spend hours playing the different games. Well, we were not allowed to go near the pool table (and we never cared about the poker table). For some reason I think there was one other game in the room (in between the shuffleboard and the pool table), but I can't remember. From that moment on I always wanted my own air hockey table.

I'm going to get rid of my futon and make the back bedroom a games room. It already has a dart board. I may also take down the wallpaper and paint. I want to put up some of my movie posters and Beatles paraphenalia. I'm really excited. Now that I have my awesome new floors I think it will be great. Maybe people will actually come and visit me. Of course, with air hockey I can play by myself. I just have to close up the one goal and I'm set to go. I'm sure the cats will sit up near the table and try to steal the puck.

Since the reno, I've decided to get rid of my rattan chair and my futon. I am also thinking about selling the dining room table. Now that I will have an air hockey table I could be like Joey and Chandler and just put a board on top if I ever have people over to eat at the table. I suspect it will get a lot more use than the table I currently have.

No comments: