Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy Pi Day


That's right, it is Pi Day (3.14), so at 1:59 pm celebrate that wonderful value of Pi!


This link gives you some ideas on how to celebrate:
http://www.wikihow.com/Celebrate-Pi-Day

I am rather disappointed that there was not a Waterloo Math event this year. Maybe they kept me off the invite list. I do tend to drink to much on Pi day. But, they normally invite me back to handle the pool tournament :(

Well, since the mathies in pink are not here to celebrate, I will just have to celebrate on my own. Damn, I forgot to wear my pink tie earrings today. I wonder how I can celebrate at aquafit tonight, any suggestions? I wonder if I will be able to convince Tara and Christi to come over for a Pi day drink and maybe a slice of pie after aquafit (I guess that would defeat the purpose of aquafit, though).

Have fun and remember to sing Happy Birthday Albert (as today is also Albert Einstein's birthday).

Another website all about Pi: http://www.piday.org/index.php

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang, and I was trying to remember all day yesterday to wish you a happy Pi day! Guess we'll have to celebrate it a little belatedly with a pint on Saturday. :-)