Favourite Quote

The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy St. Paddy's Day


I know it is a day early, but since I will be too busy drinking green beer tomorrow, I figured I would need to be proactive in my well wishes.

Julia, Tim, Karen, Kevin and I (among others being brought along) will be hanging out at Failte once again this year. I think this is the 4th year in a row that we will be hanging out at the best Irish pub in Mississauga. Once again 'Kitchen Party' will be providing the entertainment. They are an awesome Celtic band from out east (I can't remember which province). The Irish dancers will also be there again this year kicking up their hills. I would love to take Irish dance lessons.

I believe we are planning to get in line around 10:30 am (pub opens at 11). We've never been on a Saturday for St. Paddy's Day. Normally we all take the day (or afternoon) off from work and spend the afternoon there and the line up gets really crazy starting at 4pm. We have no idea what to expect for tomorrow. Julia will be at the chiropractor around 9:30 and will provide us with updates on the lineup then. It kind of reminds me of the Bombshelter on St. Paddy's Day (especially if it was a Wednesday). No one went to Wednesday classes if it was March 17th. I know one year I was meeting Lisa in line at the half way mark of my night class and the instructor asked us all what we were doing there, why weren't we in line at the Bomber. I think I picked up my books and left right then.

I am going to have to pace myself tomorrow, a number of people that are not able to join us have asked us to have pints for them. That's alot of extra pints on top of my whole Guinness routine (Guinness, Black and Tan, Harp, etc, I have to sample all of the Guinness family offerings on St. Paddy's Day).
It is also Canada's National Kissing Day, so go out there and Kiss Someone!

No comments: